This week, we are going to learn about the differences between birds, fish, amphibians, reptiles, mammals and invertebrates.
1. Learn about mammals, amphibians, reptiles, birds and fish. Click here to find helpful videos and activities.
2. Sort the animals into groups according to their features. Talk to your grown up about why some animals are kept as pets and others aren't.
3. This week, we are going to design our own imaginary pet! Think about:
- The size of your pet. Would a big pet or a small pet be easier to care for?
- Its teeth and claws. Would big and sharp or small and blunt be safer?
- Its category (mammal, bird, fish etc.)
- What will your pet will eat?
- Where your pet will sleep?
Draw and label your pet design. Use the template below or work in your blue exercise book.
Design your own imaginary pet - complete challenge 1 or challenge 2:
Next week, we will be making our imaginary pet deigns using materials such as egg boxes, toilet rolls and pipe cleaners.
4. Take a look at some of the pictures in this document if you're stuck with ideas for your imaginary pet design! If you can bring any empty egg boxes or loo rolls to school next week, that would be FAB!
Tuesday (Computing with Mrs Ottley)
This week, children should head over to Purple Mash and complete the 2do. This week, we will be adding text to an image!
On page 7, children need to draw their own cat and write a sentence about it. For example, "My cat is a teacher cat."
If you need your Purple Mash login details, please don't hesitate to email Mr D: